Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Mommy...or Noah...

It has been another busy week here at the Gattis ranch. We had another horse get sick. I guess, when it rains, it pours.... This time my colt got a joint infection from a bad injection. So I rushed him to the vet Tuesday am. So this week we had two horses spending a weeks vacation at the vets. They were both pretty sick so it wasn't really a vacation for them...or our pocket book, LOL! The good news is they are both home now and we expect them both to make a full recovery.

Friday was my birthday. When we woke up that morning Jonas started singing "Happy Birthday" and Noah got upset, insisting that it was HIS birthday. He was very crabby all day and actually started throwing up around 5pm that night. As I was cleaning the puke off my arm and leg, I decided "mom birthdays" aren't near as glamorous as regular birthdays, ha ha! Mom and Dad brought us pizza and oreo ice cream cake and we celebrated my birthday. Noah was so funny, he had to blow out the candle and open my card...because it was "his birthday". He threw up several times during the night and was fine by the morning. There is a lot of stuff going around right now...I will be ready for spring.

Saturday Noah felt better so he hung out with his Daddy and Popsey. Jonas and his Dad are going on a fishing trip next weekend to Texas so they spent the day getting the boat and all their fishing stuff ready. I took Shooter and went to the barrel race. They had about 60 entered and I won 3rd in the 1D. I had a couple rider errors in the run but all in all I am very pleased with my horse right now. I have been working harder then I ever have as far as my barrel racing and it looks like all the work is starting to pay off. I have won money the last four runs I have made.

I give riding lessons to some girls from Fort Smith. They are so sweet and they got me a gift certificate to Shogun's for my birthday. So Saturday night Mike and Susan kept Noah and we went with some friends to eat. We had such a good time and the food was amazing. The late night and the time change are killing me today but it was way worth it. I had Susan take a few pics before we went out last night. Hope everyone has a good week.



0 comments: